The device builds the core for a robust and easy-to-handle distance measurement system, while offering flexibility for customer applications. A driver unit stimulates the direct connected ultrasonic transducer. Driver frequency, transducer voltage, burst length, amplifier gain and other parameters are user configurable. Active and passive damping mechanisms combined with STC (Sensitivity Time Control) and ATG (automatic threshold generation) optimize short and long range performance.
The received echo signal is amplified, converted and digitally processed. Customized obstacle interpretation is feasible by a variable detection threshold. In SEND Mode the circuit triggers the ultrasonic transducer while in RECEIVE ONLY Mode only indirect echo signals are detected.
Application relevant settings can be stored in EEPROM during an End-Of-Line calibration by the customer. For evaluation and debugging purposes, envelope and threshold data can be read out via test mode. Communication with the control unit is possible via 2-wire or 3-wire configuration. The E524.05 supports a bi-directional communication via data modulation on the supply line. The E524.06 supports a dedicated IOline for data transfer.
- Supports directly driven ultrasonic transducers
- Optimized short & long range performance due to:
- Active and passive damping mechanisms / Sensitivity time control
- Programmable driver voltage and receiver sensitivity
- One wire I/O interface for programming and communication
- Configurable static and automatic thresholds
- E524.05: 2-wire Interface
- E524.06: 3-wire Interface
- Ultrasonic park assist (USPA/PAS/UPA)
- Industrial distance measurement
Please Contact us
|Part No.||Temp. Range||Package||Order No.|
|E524.06||-40°C to +105°C||QFN20L4||E52406A52C|
|Part No.||Description||Board type||Order No.|
|E524.0x||"Ultrasonic Park Assist" Demonstrator||Master Board||K5240X-0001|
|E524.06||Ultrasonic Sensor Board||Sensor Board||K52406-0002|