The Integrated Safety Pressure Sensor (ISPS) E524.40 is designed to detect sudden changes in pressure, virtually independent from average ambient air pressure. Its main applications are in the car safety area such as side impact detection in the side door and active pedestrian protection.
A pressure sensor cell and a signal conditioning IC are used to determine the dynamic pressure change Δp/p0 (p0: average ambient pressure). The output data Δp/p0 are transmitted digitally using the PSI5 protocol together with diagnostic data of sensor and IC which reflect the state-of-health of the device. Self-test procedures are performed for diagnosis, after power-up and during operation to detect faults in the sensor as well as the IC (analog part, DSP, and ROM, EEPROM).
An on-chip EEPROM stores calibration coefficients for the pressure measurement, a unique device ID, and user programmable data. In the ECU ELMOS sensor interface devices E981.07 and E981.08 (dual and quad channel) can be used to support PSI5 communication.
- Standard pressure sensor for crash detection (side impact, pedestrian protection) according to specification AK-LV29 (VDA)
- PSI5 data interface using synchronous or asynchronous transmission modes
- Pressure sensor cell integrated with the signal processing IC
- Input precision amplifier and signal chain:
- Range 1: 400…1500 hPa, for “side impact detection“
- Range 2: 400…1900 hPa, for “pedestrian protection“
|Info Sheet||PDF 276 kB|
- Crash pressure sensor for passive safety
- Active pedestrian protection safety systems
Distributor Inventory Search
Buy our Products at your local Distributor
Please note that you are leaving the Elmos website with this link.
|Part No.||Temp. Range||Package||Order No.|
|E524.40||-40°C to +125°C||SOIC20*||E52440C55E|
|Part No.||Description||Board type||Order No.|
|E524.40||Safety Pressure Sensor with PSI5 Interface||Demonstration Board||K93198-0001|