The E524.1x with integrated microcontroller offer ultrasonic range detection with minimum component count. A single ultrasonic transducer with a center tapped transformer is directly driven with programmable 30kHz to 80kHz bursts. Supported transducers allow distance measuring from 15cm to 4m and beyond in extended range mode. The received echo signal is amplified and converted by an ADC. Digital filtering achieves excellent tracking with the sending frequency without external components or trimming. Optional temperature compensation is available through GPIO pins. An onboard EEPROM stores processed values of the oscillator/sending frequency, transmitted power and receiver sensitivity. Communication to an ECU is via a single-wire bus compatible with LIN 2.1. For ease of use, a System ROM is pre-programmed with application support routines. Available software examples cover threshold-based echo detection, a basic LIN stack and a complete USPA application example.
All ICs contain EEPROM. Options include LIN with SNPD (Slave Node Position Detection) and Range Extension.
- Drives ultrasonic transducer via center-tapped transformer
- Good measurement performance due to flexible software
- IC and transducer diagnosis information
- Embedded 8bit microcontroller with 8kByte FLASH or ROM / 512Byte SRAM / 128Byte EEPROM
- LIN 2.2 Interface with slave node position detection (SNPD) and alternative pin-coding capabilities
- E524.14: User programmable Flash memory
- E524.24: Ready-to-use and flexible standard software (Rom)
- Ultrasonic park assist systems (USPA, PAS, ...)
- Advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS)
- Distance and level metering
Distributor Inventory Search
Buy our Products at your local Distributor
Please note that you are leaving the Elmos website with this link.
|Part No.||Temp. Range||Package||Order No.|
|E524.14||-40°C to +105°C||QFN20L5||E52414B62C|
|Part No.||Description||Board type||Order No.|
|LIN Converter||USB to LIN||Converter Board||Z00000-0001|
|E524.14||LIN Smart Ultrasonic Parking Assist (FLASH)||Evaluation Kit||K52414-0001|