The E524.16 product is a one chip solution for ultrasonic distance measurement in automotive parking applica- tions or object detection applications. It provides an internal 8-bit microcontroller with 16kByte program memory and 256 Byte EEPROM.
A driver unit stimulates the ultrasonic transducer directly. Driver frequency, transmitted burst power and other parameters are user configurable.
Digital signal filtering in combination with a low noise amplifier achieves a good signal quality for best perform- ance. Advanced algorithms like STC (Sensitivity time control), ATG (Automatic threshold generation), FTC algorithm (Fast time constant), NFD (Near-field detec- tion) and damping algorithms optimize short and long range performance.
The integrated LIN 2.2 interface supports a high number of sensor modules and the slave node position detection (auto-addressing) allows an automatic LIN slave address assignment in the application. A SysRom provides routines for OTP and EEPROM programming via LIN.
- Supports directly driven transducers
- Best measurement performance due to:
- Static and automatic thresholds /
Near-field detection / Noise suppression
- IC and transducer diagnosis information
- Embedded 8bit microcontroller with 16kByte OTP / 1024Byte SRAM / 256Byte EEPROM
- LIN 2.2 Interface with slave node position detection (SNPD)
- 4 High-voltage GPIOs for ECU less parking systems
|Product Flyer||Ultrasonic Sensors||PDF 2,9 MB|
- Ultrasonic park assist (USPA/PDS/UPA)
- ECU-less low cost systems
- Industrial distance measurement
Distributor Inventory Search
Buy our Products at your local Distributor
Please note that you are leaving the Elmos website with this link.
|Part No.||Temp. Range||Package||Order No.|
|E524.16||-40°C to +105°C||QFN20L5||E52416A62C|
|Part No.||Description||Board type||Order No.|
|E524.16||Ultrasonic Sensor Socket Board||Evaluationboard||K52416-0001|
*) Reachable detection range for a standard pole (75mm diameter, 1m height).
Overall system performance depends on external components (transducer, transformer, PCB layout, …) and environmental conditions (supply voltage, noise, ambient temperature, …)