This device provides best performance in ultrasonic applications. It builds the core for a robust and easy-to-handle distance measurement system, while offering flexibility for customer applications.
The integrated driver stage drives the connected ultrasound transducer directly and provides significant reduction of system costs and size by removing the transformer and other external components.
Digital signal processing (automatic thresholds, sensitivity time control,...) optimizes short and long range detection performance. The optimized smart damping algorithm reduces the blind zone to a minimum and the new near field detection identifies objects directly in front of the sensor.
To ensure flexibility for customer applications, the optimized I/O interface offers 3 configurable measurement profiles that can for example be set up for a near, medium and far range. Numerous diagnosis possibilities, such as monitoring the supply voltages and temperature sensor, the detection of communication errors or the measurement of the decay time and frequency deviation, enable reliable sensor operation.
Communication with the control unit is possible with a choice of a 2 or 3-wire version. The 2-wire version (E524.32) offers bidirectional communication with data modulation on the supply line. The 3-wire versions (E524.33/34/35) have a dedicated I/O line for data transmission.
- Supports directly driven transducers
- Best measurement performance due to:
- Smart damping algorithm / Two static and one automatic thresholds / Near field detection / Noise suppression
- High robustness and diagnostics
- Transducer diagnosis information / Temperature sensor
- Advanced IO protocol with configurable measurement profiles
- E524.32: 2-wire Interface
- E524.33: 3-wire Interface
- E524.34: 3-wire Interface 3.3V
- E524.35: 3-wire Interface 5.0V
- Ultrasonic park assist systems (USPA, PAS, ...)
- Advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS)
- Distance and level metering
Distributor Inventory Search
Buy our Products at your local Distributor
Please note that you are leaving the Elmos website with this link.
|Part No.||Interface||Package||Order No.|
*) Reachable detection range for a standard pole (75mm diameter, 1m height).
Overall system performance depends on external components (transducer, transformer, PCB layout, …) and environmental conditions (supply voltage, noise, ambient temperature, …)