The E522.41 is a USB 2.0 compatible power supply with protection features for the automotive environment. Protection includes ISO7637 pulses on the input, as well as short to battery/ground and 2kV ESD (HBM) on the USB bus and data lines.
An I2C interface allows system setup and diagnostics in real time via external microprocessor. Three different I2C bus system addresses are decoded by pin ADR. A stand-alone version, of the E522.41, the E522.43 is also available. An internal Switch-Mode Power Supply (SMPS) provides efficient USB 5V supply from either vehicle battery or a lower voltage bus rail. Selectable soft power-up sequence protects the external parts from overload and reduces inrush currents. The switching frequency can be synchronized in Master-Slave configurations with other devices via PLL input. In addition the switchable spread spectrum option reduces EMI.
The E522.41 supports USB charging downstream loads according to the Battery Charging Specification Revision 1.2 and various other specific USB charger emulations.
- Wide input voltage range from 6V to 32V (tran. 42V)
- PWM Step-Down converter 250kHz, 500kHz, 1MHz or 2MHz
- Advanced PWM voltage regulation with 100% duty cycle
- Fixed 5V±3% USB BUS voltage, w. negative resistance adjustm.
- Output currents of 0.5/1A/1.5A/2.5A w. fixed limits or regulation
- ±25% synchronizable to center frequencies
- Wake-on USB functionality
- Automotive qualified (AEC-Q100)
|Info Sheet||E522.41||PDF 156 kB|
- Automotive infotainment and navigation
- USB-Chargers, USB Supplies
Distributor Inventory Search
Buy our Products at your local Distributor
Please note that you are leaving the Elmos website with this link.
|Part No.||TempJunc Range||Package||Order No.|
|E522.41||-40°C to +150°C||QFN20L5||E52241B62C|
|Part No.||Description||Board type||Order No.|
|E522.41||Automotive USB Supply with Data-Line Protection and I2C Interface||Evaluation Kit||K52241-0001|
*) QFN both with/without wettable Flanks