The IC drives an ultrasonic transducer via a centre tapped transformer with a programmable frequency. After amplification and A/D-conversion the signal is digitally filtered to achieve a perfect tracking to the sending frequency without external components and trimming. The adjusted values of oscillator/sending frequency, transmitted power receiver sensitivity can be adjusted and stored in an internal EEPROM. The circuit communicates with a central control device via a single-wire bus which is physically LIN 2.1 compatible. For ease of use a LIN-driver and standard application functions like threshold generation and timer capture are available.
Several diagnostic functions are implemented. A short or open at the transducer output can be detected as well as thermal shut down or under voltage.
- Drives ultrasonic transducer via center-tapped transformer
- Good measurement performance due to flexible software IC and transducer diagnosis information
- Embedded 8bit microcontroller with 8kByte FLASH or ROM / 512Byte SRAM / 128Byte EEPROM
- LIN 2.2 Interface with slave node position detection (SNPD) and alternative pin-coding capabilities
- E524.14: User programmable Flash memory
- E524.24: Ready-to-use and flexible standard software (Rom)
- Ultrasonic park assist systems (USPA, PAS, ...)
- Advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS)
- Distance and level metering
Distributor Inventory Search
Buy our Products at your local Distributor
Please note that you are leaving the Elmos website with this link.
|Part No.||Temp. Range||Package||Order No.|
|E524.24||-40°C to +105°C||QFN20L4||E52424A62C|
|Part No.||Description||Board type||Order No.|
|LIN Converter||USB to LIN||Converter Board||Z00000-0001|
|E524.24||Ultrasonic Sensor Board||Demonstration Board||K52424-0001|
*) Reachable detection range for a standard pole (75mm diameter, 1m height).
Overall system performance depends on external components (transducer, transformer, PCB layout, …) and environmental conditions (supply voltage, noise, ambient temperature, …)