Thank you for visiting our website. Handling your data securely is very important to us. Therefore, we would like to inform you in detail regarding the use of your data when you visit our website.
Responsible party for the purpose of § 13(1) TMG (German Teleservices Act).
The responsible party for the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other national data protection regulations of the member states as well as other data protection regulations is:
Elmos Semiconductor SE
Phone: +49 (0) 231 / 7549-0
Fax: +49 (0) 231 / 7549-149
Personal data is information regarding your identity. This includes information such as name, address, phone number and email address. Providing personal data is not required in order to use our website. In specific cases, such as inquiries via the contact form, online applications or booking of workshops, however, we require your name and address as well as additional information so that we can provide the requested services or answer your question. The same applies to sending of informative literature and for answering individual questions. In addition, we only store and process data which you provide to us voluntarily or automatically. Insofar as you take advantage of service offerings, only data required to provide the services is collected. If we ask you for further information, then this is freely given information. The processing of personal data serves exclusively to provide the requested services or to safeguard our own justifiable interests.
Purpose of processing
Processing of this data is performed for the purpose of allowing use of the website (establishing the connection), system security, technical administration of the network infrastructure as well as optimization of the website. Elmos Semiconductor SE uses the data to provide the products and services requested by you, to inform you about available products and services and to administer the websites and services. The following are possible ways we can use the data which we collect about you:
- Sending of products and information
- Development of new products and services
- Surveys on our websites
- Information on how you reached our website
- Registering for contests, programs or offers by your request
- Delivery of other services which we have offered to you
- Payment processing for purchases and other services
- Protection against or investigation of possible fraudulent transactions
- Development and provisioning of advertising which is adapted to your interests
- Analysis of the use of our products, services and websites
- Determining the effectiveness of our advertising
Legal basis of the data processing
Point (a) of Article 6(1) sentence 1 GDPR is used by our company as the legal basis for processing processes where we obtain consent for a specific processing purpose. If the processing of personal data is required for performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, as for example is the case for processing processes necessary for shipment of goods or provisioning of other services or return services, then this processing is performed on the basis of point (b) of article 6, sentence 1 GDPR. The same applies to processing procedures required for precontractual measures, for example in cases of inquiries regarding our products or services. If our company is subject to a legal obligation through which processing of personal data becomes necessary, for example to fulfill tax obligations, then the processing is performed on the basis of point (c) of article 6, sentence 1 GDPR. In rare cases, the processing of personal data may become necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or other natural persons, point (d) of article 6, sentence 1 GDPR. Lastly, the processing may also take place on the basis of point (f) of article 6, sentence 1 GDPR. Processing is performed on this legal basis if it is not covered by any of the prior legal bases, if the processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of our company or a third party, insofar as these are not overridden by the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
Transfer of data
Transfer of your personal data to third parties for other than the purposes described below does not take place. We transfer your personal data to third parties only when:
- You have expressly consented to this pursuant to point (a) of article 6(1), sentence 1 GDPR,
- the transfer is necessary for establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims pursuant to point (f) of article 6(1), sentence 1 GDPR and there is no reason to assume that you have a preponderant interest requiring protection in your data not being transferred,
- in the event that a legal obligation exists for the transfer pursuant to point (c) of article 6(1), sentence 1 GDPR, and
- that this is legally allowed and necessary for transacting of contractual relationships with you pursuant to point (b) of article 6(1), sentence 1 GDPR.
Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- pursuant to article 15 GDPR, the right to obtain information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can obtain information about the processing purposes, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data were or will be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, information about rights such as rectification, erasure or restriction of processing or the right to object, the right to lodge a complaint with the authorities, the origin of the data as long as these were not collected by us, and any existence of an automated decision-taking process, including profiling, with meaningful information on the corresponding details;
- pursuant to article 16 GDPR, to obtain without undue delay the correction of incorrect or completion of personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to article 17 GDPR, to obtain erasure of your personal data stored by us, insofar as processing of the data is not necessary in order to exercise the right to freedom of speech and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to article 18 GDPR, to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure of the data and we no longer need the data, but you require them for establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or if you have objected to processing pursuant to article 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to article 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to have the data transmitted to a third party;
- pursuant to article 7(3) GDPR, to revoke at any time the consent you have given to us. This results in us no longer being able to carry out the data processing based on this consent in the future and
- pursuant to article 77 GDPR, you have without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In this regard, you can, as a rule, contact the supervisory authority of your habitual residence or place of work or the place of the alleged infringement, if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Right to information, right to rectification, blocking, erasure, objection
Upon written request, we will inform you about data stored by us regarding your person. You also have a right to correction, blocking, objection to or deletion of these data. The request shall be directed to the address specified in our About section.
Right to object
Insofar as your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, you have the right pursuant to article 21 GDPR to object to processing of your personal data, insofar as there are grounds based on your particular situation or if the objection is against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object which will be implemented by me without specifying a particular situation. If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw or object, an email to the address specified in the About section of our website shall suffice.
General collection of data
You can visit our website without providing personal data. We merely store the access data without personal references such as the [name of your Internet Service Provider, the page from which you linked to us or the name of the requested file]. These data are analyzed solely to improve our website and cannot be linked to you personally. When you access our website or download a file, then data about this process are stored in a log file on our web server. The following specific data can be stored:
- IP address (if possible, this is stored in anonymized form)
- Domain name of the website from which you came
- Name of the accessed files
- Date and time of an access
- Name of your internet service provider
- also, if applicable, operating system and browser version of your end user device
- Transferred amount of data
- Message whether the access was successful
We only store IP addresses for data security reasons, in order to ensure the stability and security of our system (legal basis: point (f) of article 6(1) GDPR). The statistical analysis of anonymized data sets is reserved.
We collect personal data in particular when you communicate these to us voluntarily, for example in the course of booking a workshop, contacting us (e.g. via email or contact form) or when opening a customer account.
The data collected are apparent from the respective input forms, in addition all technically necessary data are collected, insofar as these are necessary for ensuring security and system integrity or for verifiability of you having contacted us.
We use the data collected from you in this manner for contract settlement and processing of your inquires. After a contract has been fully settled or your customer account is deleted, your data are blocked from future use and erased after legal retention periods have expired, insofar as you have not expressly consented to continued use of your data or additional use of the data is allowed by law.
Your customer account can be deleted at any time, either by sending a message to the contact address specified in the About section or through a corresponding function provided for this purpose in the customer account.
Usage and registration data
To operate the website, usage and registration data are collected, processed and used to the extent necessary. Customer data and IP address are saved in a log file with the date and time and stored for the purpose of contract security and fraud prevention. Combining of usage and registration data with personal data only takes place in the course of booking a workshop.
Analytics service Matomo
The web analytics service software Matomo (www.matomo.org), a service of the provider InnoCraft Ltd., 150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand, ("Mataomo"), is used on the basis of our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behavior for optimization and marketing purposes pursuant to point (f) of article 6(1) GDPR to collect and store data. These data can be used to generate and analyze pseudonymized usage profiles for the same purpose. Cookies can be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files, which are saved locally in the web browser cache of the website visitor. Among other things, the cookies make it possible to recognize the web browser. The data collected using Matomo technology (including your pseudonymized IP address) are processed on our servers.
The information in the pseudonymous user profile which are generated by the cookie are not used to identify the visitor of this website personally and are not combined with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym.
If you object to the storage and analysis of this data from your visit, then you can disable the storage and usage at any time below with a mouse click. In this case, a so-called opt-out cookie is saved in your browser, which results in Matomo not collecting any sort of session data. Please note that complete deletion of your cookies means that the opt-out cookie is deleted as well and may have to be reactivated by you.
You have the right to choose whether a web analytics cookie may be saved to your browser. Your visit to the Elmos website is currently being recorded by a Matomo web analysis. If you wish, please click here so that your visit is no longer recorded.
We send newsletters containing promotional information only with the consent of the recipient or on the basis of legal permission.
Subscribing to our newsletter is performed using a double opt in process: After registration, you receive an email in which you are asked to confirm your registration.
This confirmation is necessary in order to verify that you are the owner of the email.
Subscribing to the newsletter is logged, in order to be able to prove the subscription in accordance with the legal requirements.
This comprises storing the registration and confirmation times as well as your IP address. Additional data provided by you while subscribing to the newsletter are stored as well.
Your information, except for the email address, is used by us solely for the purpose of personalizing the newsletter, for example using your name.
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. A link for unsubscribing from the newsletter is provided in every newsletter email.
We don't provide your email address and other information provided by you to third parties without your consent.
If you send us a message via email, then you voluntarily share the data sent in the process with us. We store this data only insofar as this is necessary to answer your message, and for a limited time in case of follow-up questions. We don't share this data without your consent.
If you submit inquiries to us using the contact form, the information you specify in the contact form including the contact data you provide in the form will be saved and processed by us for the purpose of handling the inquiry and in the event of further questions. Your data are used exclusively for the specific purpose of answering and processing your inquiry. The data entered by you in the contact form remain with us until you ask us to delete them, revoke your consent to have the data stored or if the purpose of saving the data no longer applies (e.g. after processing of your request is complete). Binding legal requirements – in particular retention periods – remain unaffected. In this case, the data processing takes place pursuant to point (a) of article 6(1) sentence 1 GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time (right to withdraw).
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, every data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of his or her habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes the EU general data protection regulation (GDPR).
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can request your data via the contact options listed in the Imprint section.
Confidentiality of your customer account
If you have received access to the secure area of our website, which is password protected, then you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please don't give this password to anyone.
Links to other websites
Our website/app may from time to time contain links to third party websites or to other websites of ours. If you follow a link to one of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we assume no responsibility or liability for these policies. Please review these privacy policies before you provide personal data to these websites.
This website uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption to transfer data from your browser to our server and to servers which provide files which we integrate into our website.
SSL is used to transfer data in encrypted form. The data cannot be changed and the sender can be identified.
You can tell that SSL encryption is active if the text "https" is prepended to the address of the website you are accessing with your browser.
Hyperlinks / references to third-party websites
References to third-party websites are provided on this website in the form of so-called links. Data are transferred to the link target only when you click on such a link. This is a technical necessity. The transferred data are, in particular: Your IP address, the time at which you clicked on the link, the page on which you clicked on the link, information regarding your web browser. If you don't want these data to be transferred to the link target, then don't click on the link.
Video conferencing systems
For business communication, Elmos Semiconductor SE uses, among others, video conferencing systems from providers such as Zoom, WebEx, Teams, Skype, etc.
When using these video conferencing system services, different types of data are processed. The scope or type of data depends on the data provided before or during participation in a video conference.
The following types of data are usually involved in a transmission (processing) :
User details: ( first name, last name, phone (optional), email address, password (if "single sign-on" is not used), profile picture (optional), department (optional).
Meeting metadata: Topic, Description (optional), Attendee IP address, Device / Hardware information.
Text, audio and video data
Recording (optional): MP4 file of all video, audio and presentation recordings, M4A file of all audio recordings, text file of video conference chat
Dial-in with phone/smartphone: information about incoming and outgoing phone number, country name, start and end time. If applicable, further connection data such as IP address of the device may be stored.
Scope of processing:
We use these video conferencing systems to conduct "online meetings". If we want to record "online meetings", we will transparently inform you in advance before the start of a video conference and ask for consent. The fact of a recording will be displayed in the respective video conferencing system used.
Automated decision-making within the meaning of Art. 22 DSGVO does not take place.
We secure our website and other IT systems through suitable technical and organizational measures to protect against loss, destruction, unauthorized access, unauthorized changes or unauthorized distribution of your data. In practice and despite due diligence, complete protection against all risks isn't possible in every case. Because complete data security cannot be ensured by us when communicating via email, we recommend conveying confidential information by mail.
Contact for data protection
If you have questions regarding the collection, processing or use of your personal data or if you require information, rectification, blocking or erasure of data or if you wish to withdraw previously given consent, please contact:
Elmos Semiconductor SE
Data protection officer