The E523.42 is a highly integrated motor controller for 12V automotive application. The device combines a 32bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 microcontroller and a high-voltage analog motor driver in a small footprint leadless package.
This device drives a three phase brush less motor(BLDC), a three phase stepper motor or two conventional DC motors.
The combination of a microcontroller and an integrated power stage provides a cost optimized system for low to medium power actuator and fan applications.
The integrated measurement system provides all input signals to realize a sensor less close loop commutation and provides a complete set of monitor and diagnosis features.
For outstanding absolute positioning requirements external sensors are supported by providing supply voltage and various data interfaces (analog/digital GPIOs, SPI).
A serial interface supports fast end-of-line OTP firmware programming. The LIN 2.2 interface with autobaud and auto-addressing functionality enables the integration into existing LIN bus systems.
- Control and drive of a three phase brush less motor (BLDC), a three phase stepper motor or two conventional DC motors.
- Integrated three half bridge driver with a maximum phase current of 600mA (RMS) per each phase. Boost mode up to 1A peak(1
- Integrated measurement system for motor current and voltage (phase and supply)
- Monitor and diagnosis features:
- Under/Over-voltage , over-current, over-temperature
- Short circuit and open load detection
- Smart supply block for 12V automotive boardnet
- Configurable low supply voltage (<7V) operation
- 30μA sleep mode current (25°C typ.)
- Area and power optimized 32bit ARM® Cortex®-M0(2
- 32 KByte OTP, 256 Byte customer EEPROM
- 24 KByte SysROM(3 for LIN protocol and bootloader
- Serial interface for fast end-of-line progamming
- Support of external sensor by
- 5V/20mA voltage supply
- Data interfaces (analog/digital GPIOs, SPI)
- LIN 2.2 autobaud interface and auto-addressing (compatible to LIN 2.0 and 1.3 and SAE-J2602-2), LIN 2.2 SNPD
- Operating range of -40°C to +150°C junction temperature
(1 Thermal limitation
(2 ARM® and Cortex® are the registered trademarks of ARM Limited in the EU and other countries.
(3 Contact Elmos for customization
- Three motor(BLDC), a three phase stepper motor or two conventional DC motors
- Sensorless motion detection
- Seat Cooling Fan
- Grille Shutter
Distributor Inventory Search
Buy our Products at your local Distributor
Please note that you are leaving the Elmos website with this link.
|Part No.||TempAmb Range||Package||Order No.|
|E523.42||-40°C to +125°C||QFN32L5||E52342A61C|
|Part No.||Description||Board type||Order No.|
|E523.42||3-Phase Motor Controller||Evaluation Board||K52342-0001|
|E523.42||3-Phase Motor Controller||Socket Board||K52342-0002|