2nd Generation Ultrasonic Transducer Driver and Signal Processor | E524.08
The device builds the core for a robust and easy-to-handle distance measurement system, while offering flexibility for customer applications.
A driver unit stimulates the ultrasonic transducer via a centertapped transformer. Driver frequency, transmitted burst power and other parameters are user configurable.
The received echo signal is amplified, converted and digitally processed. Customized obstacle interpretation is feasible by a variable detection threshold. A flexible IO protocol combined with STC (Sensitivity time control), ATG (Automatic threshold generation), NFTG (Near-field threshold generation), FTC algorithm and EPD (Echo peak detection) optimize short and long range performance.
Application relevant settings can be stored in EEPROM during an End-Of-Line calibration by the customer. For evaluation and debugging purposes, envelope and threshold data can be read out via test mode and additionally the envelope data can be read out via IO line as an analog curve.
Communication with the control unit is possible via 2-wire or 3-wire configuration. The E524.08 supports a bi-directional communication via data modulation on the supply line. The E524.09 supports a dedicated IO-line for data transfer.
- Drives ultrasonic transducer via center-tapped transformer
- Excellent short & long range performance due to:
- Wide signal gain range / Sensitivity time control /
Static and automatic thresholds /
Near-field threshold / Echo peak detection /
Fast time constant algorithm
- Advanced IO protocol with configurable measurement profiles
- IC and transducer diagnosis information
- E524.08: 2-wire Interface
- E524.09: 3-wire Interface
|Info Sheet||PDF 197 kB|
|Product Flyer||Ultrasonic Sensors||PDF 2,9 MB|
- Ultrasonic park assist (USPA/PDS/UPA)
- Automatic parking (SPAS/APA)
- Advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS)
- Industrial distance measurement
Distributor Inventory Search
Buy our Products at your local Distributor
Please note that you are leaving the Elmos website with this link.
|Part No.||Temp. Range||Package||Order No.|
|E524.08||-40°C to +105°C||QFN20L4||E52408A52C|
|Part No.||Description||Board type||Order No.|
|E524.08||Ultrasonic Sensor Application Board||Demoboard||K52408-0001|